Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 organizations (affiliates) networked together in 94 countries, as part of a global movement for change. Together we are working to achieve our vision of 'a just world without poverty' and to be a powerful partner in global and local communities of people connected for change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Position: INGO Forum Field Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Nigeria with up to 20% travel to Abuja
- The INGO Forum Field Manager will have extensive experience in the humanitarian and/or development sectors in Nigeria with a strong familiarity with the political tertain In support to the INGO Forum and it 20 current member organizations.
- S/he will serve as an information focal point linking Abuja coordination with up-to-date realities in the NE through proactive engagement with identified personnel and through employment of simplified streamlined information collection and sharing techniques.
- In collaboration with field managers of member organizations based in the NE, s/he will help facilitate action-oriented coordination discussions aml identit’ opportunties for improvement, both within INGOs and on behalf of other partners/stakeholders. As a main link between the INGO community and the Nigerian NGO community.
- S/he will actively engage with local NGOs to identify opportunities for collaboration and to build high-yielding partnership.
Experience and Qualifications
- Masters Degree in Law, Political Science, International Relations, Journalism, Social Sciences, International Development or related technical field.
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role within an international humanitarian/development system.
- Experience in facilitating and coordinating meetings in high-pressure professional setting.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-pac.ed and offen demanding environment.
Application Closing Date
Friday, 11th November, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.